Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Author Interview: Seth Brady

1. How did you come up with the idea for your book?
Honestly, the idea for my book came from my love of fantasy, history, and mythology. One day, I just started coming up with "what-if" scenarios involving magic and myths.

2. What was the hardest thing about writing this book?

Getting my characters and setting started was definitely the hardest part. It seemed like the biggest hurdle, but once I'd figured out how to express and develop them, everything seemed to roll from them.

3.What is your favorite thing about being an author? 

Seeing my story unfold and seeing the characters develop is really wonderful. After a time, the characters almost take on a life of their own, and it's more like watching children grow up than anything else.

4.What three words best describe you book? 

Legends. Bonds. Courage.

5. Which authors would you say are your biggest inspirations?

The two biggest influences were Christopher Paolini and Jonathan Stroud. Their books really inspired me to write in general, and the Bartimaeus Trilogy really inspired in part my style, especially for a couple of my characters.

6. Did you know where this story was going from the beginning, or did it shift as you began to write it?

For the most part, I knew where it was headed, but I will admit, some twists and characters definitely changed while I was writing. Still, I think that was one of the most fun parts, seeing the story get away with itself.

Book blurb:"What if I told you the Gods had been locked up for thousands of years and someone was trying to release them?
The person trying to release them will stop at nothing, including killing three wizards at Circe, a special school for fledgling wizards. New student Jason has just arrived and is quickly caught up in a struggle between Gods, Wizards, and Kasigah, the caretaker of an ancient Wellspring.
Jason embarks on a journey that will bring him in contact with the legendary Kasigah, and expand his powers more than he ever thought possible. Will he be able to discover how to deal with the Gods and the person who is trying to harness their power in the dynamic first book of the Kasigah series?


Author Bio:
Born in Virginia but raised in Texas, Seth Brady always loved stories of science fiction and fantasy. He dabbled in writing during high school, but stopped for a time to pursue an education in computer science at Texas A&M University. However, when he turned twenty-one, he picked up his pen and continued his writing, beginning the tale of Kasigah. He finished shortly before turning twenty-three, and now continues his pursuits in both computer programming the writing of the Kasigah series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!